Monday, December 7, 2015

Where's Ne-Ne's chair?

Logan's language is pretty impressive for a 2.5year old. I often get worried about what he's going to say, because he copies everything and has a voice of his own. 
One thing that I can't wait is for Logan to talk a lot more about Ne-Ne. Maybe he will express that he saw her, or maybe she will tell him things to tell me? Logan is always referencing Sydney in many ways. 
Last night though he caught me off guard. At dinner he said, "mama where's Ne-Ne's chair" and pointed to where her highchair used to be. I said Logan her chair is in the other room, but he insisted, "no mama her chair, like mine". I looked at him and said, "LoLo her chair is away maybe someday we will take it out again!" Although he might not understand what I said it was the quickest thing I could think of. 
Sydney must have been on his mind, because he asked me where my "pink nailpolish" was for Ne-Ne, and wanted me to put on her pink wristband.
As I scrolled through to find the best photos for the blog I got a pit in my stomach. I'm sad she's not here, sad he doesn't have his best friend anymore, and sad he misses her so much.
Logan is such a good boy, and makes my heart happy and sad watching him at times. I bet his heart often aches like mine does; however, just in a smaller body.

No comments:

Post a Comment