Sunday, December 13, 2015

Getting through December

Lately I feel like I've been in full force to reach the end of December. It's been a really hard, emotional couple of weeks. We've had to go through some tough holiday activities, and just went through Shane's birthday weekend.
I have to admit that at times I just want to pretend this never happened. When I look at others people's photos on Facebook I am genuinely happy for them, but it just stings that this is the path that was given to us. Almost 9 months later and it still feels like a bad dream.
Although i express my feelings daily, it's hard to understand the heartache that is internally each day. 
The one thing I have to say that gets us through this holiday season is family and friends. We have such an amazing group of friends that have become "our family". Without them I'm not sure how we would be making it through. As Shane blew out the candles again yesterday we were surrounded by family, and friends who are the comfort that we need to get by this holiday season! It sure isn't easy but the love you all give to Logan and our family makes each day a little brighter. We will get through this holiday season, and never forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment