Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Lolo visits mommys school


Christmas break has finally arrived! I'm not going to lie I was counting down the days weeks before. Personally I just needed a little break to recharge and rejuvenate myself. The first couple of months of 2016 will be a doozy and will need all the mental energy I can get.
Yesterday Logan spent the morning with me at school. This was the first time that Logan had come to visit. I always wanted to bring Sydney and Logan with me last year, but it never worked out. I was afraid many of the students would ask where my daughter was, but they didn't. They just asked if that was my son, and tried to give Logan a high-five. As we sang holiday songs I tried to look past the fact that Sydney wasn't "physically" there, as I clapped along with Logan. It truelly, and honestly stinks to not have her here. 
Life is changing day by day, and we are pushing through. It was so fun to have Logan come today. Thank you to all my friends at work who made Logan happy. Here's to a mini vacation where I can relax, spend time with friends that are family, sparkle, and then rejuvenate. Today was a good day. but very tiring emotionally. Only a few days till Christmas, and then we can check that holiday off our list too. 


1 comment:

  1. Maybe it will help a tiny bit to realize that you will never have to face the first Christmas without Sydney ever again. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you, Heather. I hope it helps to know that so many people care.

    ReplyDelete