Thursday, December 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Shane

No one really likes to celebrate birthdays as you get older. Of course you have milestones, and celebrate the big ones, but other times it's just another day.
We survived Logan's birthday, my birthday, and now today we celebrate Shane's 40th birthday.
Turning 40 should be an exciting time for most people, but after the year that we've had as a family it often puts a damper on the celebration. I'll do all I can to make Shanes birthday special for him today. For the last two years the twins made signs for their daddy, and we always celebrated with a cake. Today we will do the same thing, but will be one less. 
Shane and I have gone through the grieving process very differently; I'm more vocal then he is, and he's more quiet, which is fine. It kills me at times that he gets so sad, because if anyone knows  Shane he's such an amazing guy that deserves to be happy.
Today won't be easy for all of us, but we will do our best to celebrate, remember, and make new memories. Today and everyday we love you so much Shane. I know it's not going to be easy, but as you blow out the candles today remember there's a little boy who adores his daddy, and a sparkle above that is ALWAYS looking down on us. Here's to an amazing father, friend, and hubby. 
Happy 40th Shane! We all love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment