Saturday, December 12, 2015

My heart will always remember




I've been really good about spreading Sydney's story and sparkle far and wide since she has passed. It has come my mission to promote that sparkle, always get people to remember, and to establish a legacy that will live on forever. 
Yesterday I walked into the Disney Store to get Logan something that his nana and papa want him to have for Christmas. They wanted to get him another Minnie Mouse, because I can't part with Sydneys right now.
When I asked for the Minnie Mouse the gentleman started to talk with me about other characters. I told him I was all set, because we have them all, and are going to Disney in February. I told him a little bit about Sydney and how this trip had come about for Logan and her. 
The gentleman told me we would create those "magical" memories that last forever. When I got to the register the lady told me to chose two other stuffed animals that Logan didn't have. I told them I couldn't do that, but they insisted.
For a moment I got sad; it's not often that I think about how Logans been affected. His best friend that he spent 2 years with is no longer here.
I never expect anything from others, but this was very special. It was special for us, and special for Logan. 
I don't regret talking about Sydney and Logan's story today. I'm proud to tell the story, and about the legacy that lives on. We can't forget, and will always be reminded. The twin bond, the sparkle, and so much more reminds us of Sydney everyday. It's not getting any easier as we go through the holiday season, and miss her so much!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment