Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Enchanted Village

Traditions are very important in people's lives. For us, traditions were so important before and still are after we had the twins. Traditions during the holiday season was something I couldn't wait to start. One of our first traditions was "The Enchanted Village". We started going before we had the twins and then made it something that we were going to do each year. We didn't care that we would see the same thing every year, it was something we just want to do. 
I could have said the heck with the tradition this year, because I knew it was going to sting, but there was something inside me that decided to go. We went, but this time started a new "tradition" with Auntie Krissy and Uncle Stephen. As we stepped in front of the green screen to take our pic I got flashbacks to years past. The one where I was preggos, the one where they were about 9months old, last year with Syds red and green leggings, and this years new photo with the sparkle always being remembered. I decided to hold off from putting up all the pics from years past around the house, because it stings too much. Maybe next year? 
The feeling this holiday season is something I can't explain. Heck it's the worst who am I kidding? My family and friends try to make it the best holiday it can be, but boy it's not easy, as you watch other little girls pose with sparkly dresses, and shoes.
Another day and another tradition continued. Sydney was there I know she was. She was watching from above as we recreated a memory that she used to be part of. We're checking off all these holiday events, and trying to do our best together as we ALWAYS remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment