Wednesday, December 2, 2015

This holiday we remember

One of our new ritual when Logan and I get home is to plug in all the lawn figures and turn the lights on for both trees. I stood back as Logan was looking at the tree yesterday, and remembered the way it was last year and the year before.
Things are different this year and it just doesn't seem real anymore that Sydney isn't here. Honestly there are days when I go through the motions and shake my head to wake up from a bad dream. Unfortunately this isn't a dream this is real life.
As Logan looked at the Christmas tree I closed my eyes for a second and thought to myself how lucky am I to have my baby boy here with us. The holidays are not the same without Sydney this year, but one things for sure- Logan is so with Sydney, and by looking at him I see her all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment