Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Tough Cookie

I have to remind myself and others lately that on the outside I look alright, but often inside the pain is just there. It sits there like a ton of bricks. I get up everyday, go to work, come home, be a mommy, and then go to bed. I often wonder why I'm so tired lately. I guess it's because I'm emotionally drained. It's tiring to always have this weight on your shoulders. 
Even though time is passing the wound is still fresh. I'm going through the motions, making memories, and holding my own. One would say I'm strong, tough, and can't give up. Someone sent a card to me a few weeks ago that I have wanted to share for awhile. "Tough Cookie" is what it said. The more and more I think about it, I really am. I have to be strong, but also allow myself to crumble. All good cookies break apart sometimes. Unfortunately, this cookie is going to have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly as the holidays quickly approach us. I know I'm doing a good job remembering, and keeping the sparkle alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment