Monday, August 31, 2015

Mrs. Craven the "happy teacher"

I really enjoy what I do for work. Ever since I can remember I wanted to "help" people in anyway that I could. I couldn't wait to get my masters in school counseling so I could listen and help the younger kids. Before Sydney passed away I would prance around the hallways of my school and make everyone smile. It was my job to be happy, and my job to make everyone smile.
Since I've come back to work I've been working so hard on being the "happy counselor" again, and spreading my big heart throughout the school.
Today was one of those days that I had to put my "happy hat" on and be the "happiest" counselor there is. I walked into several kindergarten classrooms today, and played the happy role. "Hi I'm Mrs. Craven! My job is to keep everyone happy in the school." As the kindergarten kids all said hi I couldn't help but take a deep breath. Wow this takes a lot of energy on my part.
It's hard to live through this double role, and try to be positive so much. I'm doing the best I can as I remember the sparkle each day. Each day that I step into the building I step into a new routine. There are days that are not easy, but I do my best. All I can do is wear the "happy hat" and do what I Iove so much...making kids happy. 
As I drive home each day I often reflect about what happened in my day, and how things will take time. I sure do miss Sydney; more than I can ever explain. I know that she's proud of me as I work on being the best person I can be. One day at a time as I continue to remember and spread the sparkle.





No comments:

Post a Comment