Sunday, August 9, 2015

Water, Sun, and the Sparkle in the Sky

"We're making memories" is something that I've been known to say very often. I just want to capture all the little things that are going on, and try to fill my heart with such joy. Focusing on the positives often makes its easier to move forward each day, as the pain is always there.
Yesterday was another fun-filled day up in Maine. Logan was a "mini celebrity", all the little kids wanted to play with him. Even though he is 2 he fits right in with the older kids. Logan laughed all day, splashed in the water, built sandcastles, rode the boat, roasted smores, and enjoyed a campfire at night. 
The pictures were taken and the memories were made yesterday; as the "smile" on Logans face was priceless. Actually the "smile" on everyone's face was priceless. We all enjoyed ourselves this whole weekend. 
By the end of the day there usually is  always a "Sydney sign"-last night Logan noticed the sparkle. As we were all sitting by the campfire Logan looked up at the stars. As loud as his little voice could be he said, "look A Ne-Ne" star. I looked up to the sky which was clear, and saw this "sparkling star" that was shining so bright . Logan then said, "Ne-Ne I miss you...love you", and blew a kiss up to the sky. There was that moment that everyone paused, and all together everyone looked at the sky, and said, "we love you Ne-Ne, and blew her a kiss." This was a moment that you couldn't capture on camera, but a moment that I'll cherish in my heart and remember for awhile. I will always look at the night sky, and look for that "sparkling star". I know that shining star was Sydney looking down on us, and making herself "sparkle". 
I sure do miss her as I always do, and that will never ever change. I couldn't have asked for a better trip up to Maine the last few days, and am so glad Logan and everyone had so much fun. Thank you again to the Penny's for making it such a fun weekend. More memories were made, more pictures were captured, and the sparkle definitely shined- I'd say a great weekend overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment