Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sparkling in New Hampshire

Sometimes all you need is fun, laughter, smiles, and a whole lot of new memories to make yourself feel better. A quick New Hampshire trip with friends that are family wasn't planned, but I figured what better medicine for my heart then to get away one more time before I start back to work next week.
As we drove up the Kangamengas Highway Sydney was the prime conversation. I was talking about all the "Sydney signs" that she often shows. We decided to pull over to look at a view. Just as I was about to get out of the car a beautiful butterfly flew right across the car. She was definitely there and made me happy. 
We did so much yesterday and Logan was full of smiles. We scaled rocks, swam in rapids, went down water slides, and created new memories. I even took a picture under a raging rapid, which is a first.
As the day came to an end and I was completely wiped I thought about how much fun was had, I thought about the sparkle everywhere, and the memories that were made. 
Today marks 5 months without my baby girl, and boy do I miss her more than ever. I wish more than anything that she was here, but try so hard to make it by. I'm happy that we were spontaneous and  decided to enjoy a mini vacation with the Paces who are family. Life isn't ever going to be the same, but all we can do is try to make new memories, which can help our heart heal. Here's to finding that sparkle today and everyday, and taking one day at a time. We miss you so much Sydney!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment