Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Trust the process


First day back with kids...ready...set...be happy!!! Hold on...hold on!!! The old Mrs. Craven would have been full force, but the new Mrs. Craven is trying to regain the full force she always used to have. First job...a crying 1st grader who doesn't want to leave her mommy. I did what I always would do and give a "hug" and "listen", but something was a little different this time. As the little girl cried I tried to hold back my tears. I'm giving the hug out, but I often need the hug too.
The process to be the best guidance counselor I can be will take time. It's a process that will take time. It's hard to describe how I feel, but it's almost like I'm in costume when I'm at school, and when I leave school I'm the "grieving mother" again. It sure is difficult, and I know will take time. Boy do I miss her! I miss her so much all the time, and especially since being back at school. Healing a broken heart takes time, and the process that I go through everyday takes time too.
 I know being at 100% will take time, but  don't worry I will get there. I'm going totrust the process one day at a time


.

No comments:

Post a Comment