Monday, August 10, 2015

Every picture has a story



Every picture tells a story, and everyone is different. By now most people understand my obsession with pictures. If I wasn't obsessed with taking pictures before it sure has gone up since Sydney has passed away. Why...because I often want to capture the "happy" moments. The time when we're all smiling on the outside, laughing, or creating that memory.
Looking back at pictures of Sydney often makes my heart ache; I'm filled with so many mixed emotions. I could look at pictures of her everyday, but then get so angry that she is gone. 
Lately during these summer days I'm trying to capture the "fun" that were having. The picture tells a story, and often the underlying emotions can't be seen. I want to cherish the smiles, the laughs, and the silliness. 
To be honest there are times we might be smiling in the pictures, but the pain is still there. Taking pictures for me often hides the pain that is hidden deep inside. Those moments that are created covers the pain at times, so I can breathe. 
I wish more than anything to have Sydney in these recent pictures, but I know she's always there. Sometimes I believe the "smile" in the picture is her; she'd want us to be happy. 
I want to be "happy" more times then not; however, the only thing that gets me by at times is the "enjoyment" and the "smile" on Logans face. Shane and I are doing the best we can and had an amazing weekend. The memories were captured, and the smiles and sparkles were there. Here's to taking that picture, and telling a story, as the summer continues one day at a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment