Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Let that Sparkler Shine

Capturing a moment is very important to me. I always have my camera ready to capture a moment that you can cherish forever. As I've learned recently; time is to precious and in an instant your life can change dramatically. For us it sure did- when Sydney passed away 3 months ago.
I look back constantly on how happy we were as a family of four, cherish the pictures that I took, laugh and cry at the videos, and wish more than anything to have her back again. 
As life moves forward we focus on the good, remember all the amazing times we shared, and try to put the bad moments away. Life is too short to not capture a moment that can make you smile forever.
Last night was a big moment for us. It was time to capture a new memory. Last time we did a family photo Sydney and Logan were 18months and we were gearing up for holiday photos. Jill Tracy of Maggie Jill Photography is a long time friend since Elementary School. I remember her taking the photos in October and thinking of how chaotic they must have been; yet, not focusing on the moment, and the time we shared together during that photo session. Those photos that Jill took hold such a special place in my heart- they captured the twin bond, the love of our family, and Sydney and Logans personality perfect.
Fast forward to last night when Jill was going to work her magic again, but this time without our baby girl physically here.
This was a hard one, but I wanted to take a new photo of us remembering the sparkle, but also creating a new memory as we move forward. For about an hour and half the world stopped, and we just focused on capturing the best moments we could. There was even a little black puppy that came running over to us a few times that of course had a "pink collar" on- "Hi Syd".
Although Sydney wasn't here with us I know she was shining down, and of course sparkling. I hope she was watching us last night, as I ran up and down the beach to catch her twin brotha- which he thought was very funny. 
I can't thank Maggie Jill Photography enough for letting us create and capture another memory. Pictures are very important to us, and last night we were given the chance to hold that sparkle, shine, and of course capture a memory as we take one day at at a time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment