Friday, June 12, 2015

I think I can...and I will!

Yesterday morning I was the secret reader at my school. This was great, because I was able to see the kids and teachers, while reading one of my favorite books to them. The book I read was: " I know you could" I chose this book, since the Kindergarden students would be graduating next week. Although I chose for this reason I didn't know how much significance this book would have with myself and Sydney. 
As I finished the story the last page struck me hard as I had to take a deep breath to finish. These words were so true. "I think I can" and "I will".
As I drove home I had a moment and started to get upset, because I was thinking about Sydney and how much I missed her. The pain subsided as I pulled in to pick up Logan from daycare- he was so happy to see his mama as he always is. When we got home I checked the mailbox. There was a huge package in there from the State Senator addressed to us. I opened the package up and was taken away by what I had saw. There was an official letter from the state senator, a laminated copy of one of the articles that was written about us, and a personal letter regarding Sydneys legacy. I was shocked, so proud, and honored at the same time. The letters talked about Sydney and how beautiful her write ups were. He also talked about how great it was to being setting up Sydneys legacy as we enter the beginning stages of : Sydney Craven Memorial Fund. This package made me feel so happy, and realize that my work to spread Sydneys sparkle is paying off. I've always said I want everyone to know about Sydneys Sparkle and how amazing , spunky, and sweet she was.
Later that evening I paused for a second and thought back to the book I read earlier that morning. Who knew that the book would have such a connection to the letter that arrived in the mail later that afternoon. Coincidence I don't think so...Sydney knew! She knew how proud she is of her mother, and that even though times are tough for us she wants me to keep on going and not give up. As Sydneys mom I knew she was destined to do great things from the moment I laid my eyes on her. She had such a sparkle that would shine. We never dreamed life would take this course, and would do anything to have her back in a heartbeat. All we can be sure of is that Sydney WILL live on, and she will do great things. I just know it as her sparkle will shine.



No comments:

Post a Comment