Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A day at the beach

Yesterday was the start of "summer to remember 2015" Logan will be out of daycare full-time and will be home with me this summer doing lots of things that create new memories. 
I've actually been really scared about this, because I'm a little worried of how I'll feel at times doing stuff with Logan, while still thinking of Sydney.
I really want this summer to be the best, so it keeps my mind busy, but also keeping the sparkle alive and strong.
I know with the help of family, and friends it will be great.
Yesterday we went down to the Cape for the day with my neighbors who rented a house on the beach. This was Logans 2nd time on the beach. I was a little nervous to see how he would be, but he LOVED IT.
Logan loved running in and out of the water, digging his toes in the sand, and chasing his new friend "Mr. Seagull".
Logans laugh was contagious as the waves crashed up against him. People smiled, and would come up to him and say, "boy your having fun".
There was one moment where I paused for a moment, and thought of Sydney as I picked up the shiniest shell I could find . I missed Syd...I wish she was here. Although she wasn't here I knew the sun was shining, and she was watching over us, as I chased Logan around the beach in circles. For all I know she was probably belly laughing herself- at her mama.
Making new memories is definitely hard especially when you want nothing more than to have Syd back enjoying them with you. This summer will be hard, and I know that is ok. As each day goes by we always remember, and look for that sparkle, as a new memory is made one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment