Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sydney Sparkles at Daycare


I remember trying to find the right home daycare for Logan and Sydney, because I was going back to work full time after being home with them up until they were 18months. I only interviewed a few homedaycares, and then found Emily. If you ask Emily I was very thorough with my questions, and practically had a heart attack before I was even sending the kids there.
The fact that someone else was going to be watching my babies was difficult for me, as I wasn't going to be with them all the time. I knew right away that Emily was the one. I remember Sydney and Logan gravitating towards her, and the feeling Shane and I got when we talked with her. 
For the first 2 months Sydney and Logan were her only kids at daycare. I still called 2-3 times a day to check on them, and I still got the same response: Heather they are fine...they love it! This was Sydney and Logans second home, and they loved Ms. Emie. Sydney used to twirl around downstairs and dance to Elmo, color and paint,or jump around on this bouncy zebra downstairs. She just loved it at daycare. 
I loved when I had to pick them up as I would come down the stairs, and I heard "mama mama" from both Logan and Sydney.
The day Sydney passed away her and Logan went to daycare as a full day. I remember like it was yesterday: asking Emily if they were alright. Her response: they had a great day as always.
Who knew the next day I would only be sending one kid to daycare, and would be calling Emily with the worst news ever.
It's been really hard at times bringing Logan to daycare by himself, but he loves his friends- Emily now has a lot more kids. I walk in the daycare at times and pause thinking of Sydney as I look at the Zebra that still sits in the front of the floor.
Yesterday was a little different when I walked into daycare: Emily had said, " it's ready the thing we all made for Sydney is ready". I knew the kids were making something , but wasn't sure what.
I walked down the stairs, and saw a great big poster. With hand prints, stickers, and art. It took my breath away, melted my heart, and made me think of my baby girl so much- who I miss so much.
Yes Sydney is not here, and I wish she was; however, one things for sure is that she is at daycare. Sydney loved daycare , and loved Ms. Emily. As hard as it is I know Sydney is watching over all her friends, and brother at daycare. This was a beautiful tribute to such a creative, spunky girl. Thanks again Emily it's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment