Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mother Nature


Since Sydney has been gone I look at certain things differently, and often cherish things more that symbolize her. 
It might sound crazy to some people, but I believe things are happening, because of Sydney, or have some relation to her; like the birds nest in the rose bush in her garden.
Every day since I had found the nest I make sure that it is alright, and watch the momma take care of the little babies. Yesterday was a little different. I knew it had been raining alot and wanted to check on the nest. When I went over to look there was a bird that didn't make it laying over the nest, and the other little babies staring at me while another bird sat in the tree chirping its head off at me.
Now I've never been much of a nature person until Sydney had passed, so the initial reaction that came over me was a little different than I expected.
I'll be completely honest...I sobbed, because I was so worried that it was the mommy bird and that the little babies were going to be left by themselves. Now most people really wouldn't get upset over this, or would just say-"let nature take its course"; however, you can't really tell that to a "grieving mother".
I can't explain why I got so upset; maybe it was because I somehow related it to losing Sydney, and how that nest symbolizes her. I don't know.
I reached out to a few people and asked for help. When I went back over to look at the nest again I realized that there were two bigger birds on the tree- that must have been the mommy and daddy- and the little one that didn't make it was a baby. All of a sudden as I walked by the nest the birds moved and flew out. All had made it minus one who needed a little extra support, and just sat under the rose bush.
As I walked back into the house and let Mother Nature take its course I started to laugh. Only I would become so attached to these little birdies. I kind of felt silly when I told Shane I was weeping about the little birds.
Later that night I had heard a lot of chirping outside my front door. I looked out the door to see, and there was the little bird and its mommy sitting on my step. As I opened the door the little bird hopped away, and followed what I believe to be the mommy. 
For me that was a sign at that moment. A  sign that things were going to be alright. Yes Sydney isn't here anymore with her mommy, and it breaks my heart everyday , but I know we're going to be alright. There's something about nature now that I look at differently, something that reminds me of my baby girl, and makes me feel at ease. Don't laugh but I named the little bird that struggled a little-it's name was Sparkle! There's always that little one that's a little "special" and I believe the name couldn't be more perfect. Sparkle on baby girl 
sparkle on!!!
-little sparkle 

No comments:

Post a Comment