Thursday, June 4, 2015

Share a Diet Coke


Yesterday I am not ashamed to say that I spent a good 20 minutes in Walmart looking in the Share A Coke bin to find two special names...Logan and of course Syd! I should have known that Sydney was going to play hide-and-seek with me and wouldn't make it easy! I left the store with just Logan and knew that Sydneys name would pop up when I least expected it. 
Later that afternoon I was talking about my baby girl to Sydneys auntie D and said, "I've been looking for this coke today; I bet if we try this local store it will be there." I bet she was thinking ok Heather what are the odds, but if you say so. Minutes before this we just had visited the cemetary and her bench too, so Sydney was very much on my mind. Auntie D went to the front of the store and searched in a huge tub of cokes. I said its not going to be in there. It's going to pop out right in front of me if its in the store. I walked to the back case of sodas and turned the last diet coke around which was in the front row...what did it say, " Syd". 
I screamed with joy of course and grabbed the diet coke. What was two cokes behind the Syd was even better...Heather. I brought the sodas up to the front and the guy said to me, "Syd...I have never seen that one in here before. That must be a special name." Of course he was right a special name for a special girl! 
I was so excited to find the cokes. It's the little things that make me happy, a Sydney sign that makes me happy! As her mommy I knew she wanted it to be special. Yes, other people have found or seen it before, but my baby girl wanted me to find it, and when I did it would be front and center. I explained to Auntie D that what just happened in the store was a "Sydney Sign". It's really special to find something that Sydney wanted you to find or meant for you to relate to her. Knowing me I'll prob collect a whole case of cokes with her name on it, but to be honest I won't look to hard, because when I least expect it I know she will be there.





1 comment: