Sunday, June 28, 2015

Going from happy to sad in one day

2 years ago today!!!

Grief is like a walking time bomb. At any moment something can hit you and take you to a new emotional level. You can start your day so happy, and then anything can trigger you to let it out and just cry.
Yesterday was a great day as we sat around, laughed, and ate good food with friends and family. It's these moments that heal the heart; however under that heart is the pain that is bursting at the seams to come out. At any moment something can just trigger you to let it out. I've learned to talk about Sydney in ways that is healthy for me. Being Sydneys mom I am so proud of the little girl that I raised and eager to spread her legacy to others. 
As the day goes on and memories are made I can't help but pause at times. Yes I am smiling and laughing on the outside, but truthfully my heart is aching as I wish Sydney could be here too.
Last night when everyone left and Logan went to bed the pain inside mine and Shanes heart began to explode. I'm not ashamed to admit that sometimes it just hits you. Sometimes something you've seen, or heard can set your heart off.
We sat there together and let our hearts grieve together. Nothing can fix the broken heart...nothing...and it's just not fair. Why were we given a perfect family, and then in a flash it's taken all away. It's hard to compare the pain to other situations, as people sometimes dont understand the pain your going through. You often hide the pain, put on a smile, and walk through life; as you must go on. Today is a new day; however, my heart still hurts and always will. Last night was tough, and unfair to say the least. All we can do is let the broken heart heal, and take one day at a time; knowing that at any moment something can remind you of Sydney and set your heart off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment