Monday, June 1, 2015

Jumping in puddles

It's been awhile since it's rained around here. I know many people were excited to have it rain to help there garden grow, and help that yucky pollen go away. For me yes I wanted it to rain, but then you get cloudy skies, and a dreary looking day. I know we can't have sunshine everyday, but what a good medicine it is to have the sun shine down on you on the days that are the hardest to get through.
As the clouds became to roll in yesterday I knew it was going to be a tough afternoon. I was thinking of Sydney , and I just wasn't happy, and was sad. It was totally ok to be sad, but made my heart hurt. I said to Shane, I'm just not in a mood. This rain makes me just miss her. We decided to head out for dinner just the 3 of us. At first I still felt sad, but then looked in the back seat and saw my other little love...Logan. He was smiling in his red rainjacket, his yellow fire fighter boots, and his hat. Shortly my sadness settled down as I realized how lucky I am to have such an amazing, funny, smart son who reminds me of Sydney each day. He was hysterical at dinner. People were coming up to us, and we're talking about his belly laugh that could be heard around the whole restaurant. 
After leaving I said to Shane let's have him jump in puddles when we get home...and that is what he did! For a second I didn't care that he was soaked, I cared about his laughter, his smile, and the fact that I was creating a memory. I was letting him be a little boy, and that made me happy. 
Like I said it can't be sunny everyday which often makes me have a great day; however, when it rains I will try to make the best of it. I will think about a memory, live in the moment, and know there is a sparkle in the sky underneath those clouds.

1 comment: