Friday, June 26, 2015

Where did Ne-Ne go?



I often find myself talking about the twin bond a lot as I've made a promise that I will not let Logan forget about his twin sister Ne-Ne. 
Logan is definitely young but I believe he totally gets the fact that something has changed, and that his best friend isn't here anymore. I've tried my hardest since Sydney has been gone to keep Logan as active as possible, and to be around other kids so he doesn't feel alone. 
Although Logan is only 2 his personality and vocabulary has started to explode. I've often said that Sydney is in Logan. What does that mean? It means that Sydneys personality has rubbed off on him. He is so funny, outgoing, determined, and has many features that Sydney had.
The one thing that I find to be the hardest is that Logan will get older, and he's probably going to ask more about "where Sydney is"?
Yesterday was the first time in awhile that it actually hit me about the twin bond, and how id have to explain sooner than later about "where Sydney went"
Right now we have told Logan that she's up in the sky, and he always looks up to the sky, and blows her a kiss. Shane and I felt that was the best thing to tell him, as the day after Sydney passed away we had to think quick, because Logan came home and said, "where did Ne-Ne go"?
On the way home yesterday Logan and I drove by the cementary to see Sydney. Most of the time he doesn't want to open his window; however, sometimes he does as he will blow a kiss up to the sky . It was a little different yesterday. As we pulled up Logan said, " where Ne-Ne mama...where's Ne-Ne". I paused for a second and said, "remember buddy she's in the sky". Logan then started to cry, and said, "No mama I play with Ne-Ne...I play with Ne-Ne".
As the tears ran down his chunky little cheeks the pain in my heart was so painful. I told Logan it would be alright, and to give a kiss, as I handed him a Minnie Mouse doll that seemed to comfort him.
This hit me hard very hard. As Logan is going to get older he's going to ask more questions. It's so hard to even think about what else I could say. All I know is that I will continue to talk about Sydney, and the sparkle that lives on. I want Logan to remember everything about his sister, and how special she was. 
I'm sure as the months and years go on Logan will have more questions. By then I will get stronger myself, and will help Logan understand. For now I will keep up with what I'm doing, spread the sparkle, and make Logan as happy as can be. All I know is that Sydney is definitely watching over her brother and will do everything she can to make him be alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment