Friday, June 19, 2015

3months later and the sparkle lives on




The night of March 19th the world stopped for us, and my heart has never been the same since Sydney passed away. If anyone asked me where I would be 3months from now I never would have  envisioned the sparkle and the legacy of our baby girl that is evolving over time.
Yesterday we had the bench ceremony in Sydneys honor. My parents and I wanted to chose a place for the bench that would be a perfect spot- we were so grateful that the Central School allowed us to put it there. It's just in a perfect spot, as all the kids and families can see as they walk by.
As we drove over to the dedication I kept on saying to Shane how nervous I was. I couldn't understand why- maybe because this was my first thing to really symbolizes her legacy that is beginning. 
As we arrived and pulled up to the bench there were friends, family, and others from the town and school department. How special this was I couldn't explain. The school also had all the kids paint a rock that covered the outside of the bench. This was just a perfect touch to the bench area.
I wasn't sure how Logan would have been but the first thing he did was picked up a rock and put it on the bench. I smiled, as I could tell within seconds every beautiful rock would have soon been on top of the bench verses next to it.
As the principal talked for a moment I stopped, looked around, and then smiled at Sydneys area across the street. I was taking it all in. All the love, support, and kindness that has been outpoured to us over the last 3 months is amazing and just heartfelt. 
I was given the opportunity to talk for a minute, and once again had nothing prepared: just came from the heart- the best place.
Pictures were taken yesterday and new memories were created. As I said yesterday I would rather have her here with us; however, starting her legacy and making her proud is what she would want. 3 months have passed, which feels like 6. We take one day at a time, and make new memories each day. Sydney I knew you were there yesterday, because the sun was shining. I hope your proud of mommy and daddy as we really work hard to build on your sparkle one day at a time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment