Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Ne-Ne came to visit

We all know that Sydney comes to daycare to visit her brother and his friends. It was only time that she would visit again. To be honest I missed hearing that she wasn't there from Logan. When I got to daycare yesterday Emily handed me two art projects. Two brown snails that he made at daycare. Logan told Emily that he needed to do two projects, one for him and one for Ne-Ne. When Emily asked if she was there Logan said, "yeah" and pulled up the chair next to him. He said, "Ne-Ne wants a snail too". When I picked up Logan I of course wanted to know, so I asked him. He said, "yup I saw Ne-Ne today. I made her a snail" Logan and I went to visit her area together and he was so excited to tell her about his picture for her. I get so excited when I hear Logan talk about her that I often pry to much. I have a tendency to keep asking questions, because I feel it's my only way to connect with her. Logan's response was, "mama I'm sad I don't want to talk anymore". This broke my heart. Shame on me for prying so much. Logan has feelings too, and I need to remember that he's still young, and might not understand. 
When we got home Logan was ready to have dinner, but prior to dinner he came up to me and said, "mama Ne-Ne is here, and she wants an ice cream sandwich with me". Now initially I would never give an icecream before dinner, but wanted to see what he did. I asked where she was, because I was so curious. He pointed to her area and placed an opened ice cream sandwich on her chair. I left it there for awhile, but then told Logan it was going to melt. We both agreed to put it back in the freezer for later. 
No matter how much Logan talks about her it's always hard. I'd rather have her physically here with us, and not out of my sight. Over time it will get easier, but I wish more than anything that I could see her again. One more time to hold her, and one more time to give her a kiss. I hope more than anything she knows how much her mama loves her, and that I hope she comes back soon. Mama needs some sparkle baby girl, but until then please keep on visiting your "brotha". I know he loves you very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment