Thursday, April 14, 2016

LoLo has a sister and a baby brother

 
"Logan do you have any brothers or sisters?" Logan's been asked this question pretty frequently lately. Most of the time he says, "yes" while picking up his shirt to show the baby in his belly, or making me show my belly. My response following this is, "yes he's going to have a  baby brother." This answer is true; however, I always feel compelled to tell a quick version of Sydney's story. "He was a twin, his twin Sydney passed away, so he does have a sister too!" I kind of feel weird at times sharing about Sydney to complete strangers, but I don't want anyone to forget about her. I don't want to forget about her, which is a concern at times. Will Logan focus on his little brother all the time, and not about Sydney, or will Logan remember Sydney and share the twin bond with his new little brother? I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but moving forward I kind of want to encourage Logan to talk about Sydney as much as I do. No pressure from my 3 year old, but I have such high hopes that the bond will be strong for a long time. I would just be devastated if the bond fizzled out, and she wasn't remembered anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment