Sunday, January 10, 2016

Our lives have definitely changed


The other day I ended up moving a framed picture that I've always had up. It's "important dates" since Shane and I have met. I never really noticed much about the bottom of the frame until the other day. The last date was 3/28/13- the day Sydney and Logan were born. That didn't really bother me to look at, it was the small fine print that said, "the day our lives changed forever".
I had to take it down. How ironic? Now what was I supposed to do add another line with the day 3/19/15, when our lives really changed forever. 
I ended up moving the frame to our Sydney Craven Memorial Area. This is a little area that has a lot of Sydney's pictures and framed articles.
Yesterday was the first time I actually re-read her obituary, and the article from the day we laid her to rest.
Even though it's only a few months away since we have her anniversary it still seems like yesterday. I didn't cry, but got the pit in my stomach that always 
comes when I remember back. 
No matter how much I look back the pain is always there. Our lives have really changed in the last 9 months, and we do all we can to continue forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment