Saturday, January 16, 2016

A playoff game without Syd

Are you ready for some playoff football? We were all ready for the Patriots playoff game yesterday, but someone was missing- Sydney. Now you think I would have prepared myself for the emptiness that was going to occur today, but NOTHING ever works. As soon as I got up yesterday, time hop decided to remind me of her "dancing video". It's so easy to post videos, but then the aftermath occurs. You often sit and wonder what life would be like if she was still here. Would she still be dancing during a football game, eating chips with her daddy, or chasing her brotha around the house? I'm pretty sure it would be a yes. 
As I sit here and write this blog I do it with a heavy heart. The pain inside at times is like a nautious feeling; kind of like super heartburn, except it wasn't from food, it's from grieving. 
We spent the day here yesterday in our Patriots gear, and as Logan called it we were, "twinning". We were very excited for a win for the Patriots. We snuggled watching the last few seconds, and then it was time to go to bed. I kissed Logan one last time before bed, and said, "goodnight". We survived another day without our baby girl. She was very much missed today; as she always is. We learn to adapt, reflect, and get by. It is not easy, but it's what needs to be done . Sydney knows I'm trying, and that's by far the best medicine to help me each day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment