Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sparkling through an amazing town


Yesterday was a great day overall for all the sparkle that was spread. It was our first time having a table at a big event where we could talk about the Sydney Craven Memorial Fund, her story, mission, and the legacy that we are all putting together for such an amazing little girl.
It was East Bridgewater Day a chance for  fun, rides, tables, and local businesses to come together in the center of town. I was very excited to have a table this year, because I wanted to talk about her legacy, and try to not "think about" last year when Auntie Krissy and Auntie Stephanie took Logan and Sydney there together. This year was different. 
Leanne, myself, and Deanna sat at the prettiest, sparkly, table there was. We were in our pink, tutus, and had our bows to rock. It wasn't easy at first to talk about her story, but then after a few times it just became natural. I even was interviewed by the local town news station.
I would say there were about 5times when I made people just sob, and walk away from my table. One time a lady couldn't even look at me, because she knew who I was even before I could say what we were, another man came up cried , because he had two young daughters, and another lady cried, because she was so amazed by my strength, and what a positive vibe I was bring to the town, and her legacy after such a tragedy. We all were emotional, and that's alright. It's not easy to talk about something that hits home to so many people. 
I really appreciate all the support and encouragement that I received yesterday. Many people asked me, "how I do it, an only after less than 6 months of her being gone." The answer was pretty consistent.  I do it because I have to. I do it because I get the strength from others that think of the sparkle far and wide. It's the people that come up to me and say, "I don't know you, but I think about you, andyour  family every day." I know that Sydney would be so proud, and was placed on this earth for such a short time to leave such a mark, and sparkle.
I can not wait to see what lies ahead for Sydneys legacy, and her 1st annual tutu run next June. If her sparkle has touched so many lives already I can't wait to see what the next few months look like.
Nothing helps my heart more than little girls prancing around with a "Sydney bow" in there hair, little boys with pink wristbands for Sydney, and people just so excited to talk about the "sparkle".
Sparkle on baby girl I know you are looking down, and shining on us everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment