Saturday, September 19, 2015

6months without our baby girl


6 months was not easy yesterday. I'd be lying if I said it was. The day started out with a spin class so I could release some of the tension that was already building up. "You are stronger than you think" "You can do this. Don't give up". These words stuck with me as I pushed really hard through a workout that I haven't done in awhile.
The middle of the day was spent with one of my best friends looking for her wedding dress and celebrating her birthday all in one. It was a little hard to see the little flower girl dresses that lined the front of the store today. I thought of Sydney and how much I knew and always wanted her to be a little flower girl in Auntie Stephanie's wedding when she would get married. I couldn't have been more happy for my best friend as she found the dress of her dreams. All the sadness that came with today was suddenly put on hold, until I drove home.
I wanted to stop by Sydneys area and have some alone time. I couldn't catch my breath and the pain was harder than I could handle. I think it was a combination of all the highs and lows of yesterday. 
I came home and spent the rest of the evening with Logan and Shane. I thought the pain would subside, but it just stuck with me as I scrolled through pictures of her on my phone while watching tv with the family.
As the day came to an end I was proud that I got through a tough day that brings with so many added emotions. All I can do is look ahead to 6months from now where the sparkle will be even brighter than it is today. I know Sydney was looking down on us yesterday, and could see all the sparkle and love that is always there for her. We miss you baby girl and will continue to shine and sparkle on for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment