Sunday, September 6, 2015

Being happy at Edaville



As the summer comes to an end officially with Labor Day Weekend here I try to reflect on all the good times that we had. There were many highs and unfortunately many lows. Many times we smiled and many times we hid behind the smile and wanted to cry. 
Yesterday we spent a family day and went to Edaville with the Pachecos( friends that are family). Usually when we have a big outing like this I often get sad thinking about how I wish Sydney was here. Yes she was on my mind constantly, but I didn't let it get me down yesterday. I focused on having fun, and living in the moment. I watched Logans face light up as he went on the rides( no fear at all). All 3 boys running all over dinosaur land as Leanne and I looked at each other and said, "where in trouble as they get older", and of course seeing my god daughter Kinsley, which always helps the healing heart. 
Life is to fast not to enjoy the moments. Yes it does hurt all the time , and I look everywhere for signs of my baby girl, but there's times when I know Sydney would want me to focus on the "now" and be happy.
At the end of the day before we walked out Leanne turned to me and said, "look there's your sign". A little girl holding her parents hand with a pink ruffled tutu, piggy tails, and a little spunk to her step. That definitely closed out a great day. Im glad yesterday was fun, and enjoyed being happy. Here's to finishing out a great long weekend where we try to be happy, and continue to sparkle on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment