Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Kind words to keep on sparkling

Whenever I'm having a bad day or week I can always count on my fellow "sparklers", friends, and family members to find the right words to make my day shine brighter. Since Sydney has passed away and I've met a lot of people along this journey I can't explain how many letters, cards, private messages, and posts that I have received to give me the strength to go on when I need it the most. I wish I could share everything that people share with me, but that would take too long. The words "inspire", "strong", "sparkle", and "never give-up" are a few words that stick out. Yesterday I received a message on my private Facebook page that just touched my heart when I needed it the most. Today I'm going to share it, and give others a chance to see those words that make me get by.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Always thinking of you Heather Craven- and sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. You experienced the most amazing joy of parenthood, and a parent's worst fear- the loss of a child in just two short years. There just are no words for that, and yet you continue to post, blog, share pictures and videos that give everyone just a glimpse of insight into this difficult journey of grief. That can't be easy but you do it with grace. My heart hurts for you every day and yet I feel proud to see you are still the amazing person I met at UMB. Still a wife, mother, daughter, friend, counselor... Your life and your journey is to spread the legacy of Sydney. But I'll speak for myself when I say your story makes other parents feel they have a responsibility too- to never stop appreciating the little moments, to take a picture, to never take their little ones for granted, to know how short life can be- and to just live life in the moment knowing it can change in an instant.
You're doing great things... Keep up the good work. I'm sure Sydney is so proud looking down from heaven 🎀💗"
~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Julie for these kind words and to all the amazing and thoughtful worlds that I receive daily from others. Please keep the words coming as the sparkle shines on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment