Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Sparkling Reality

As I boarded the plane back to Boston I couldn't help but have  an array of emotions. I was sad to leave Pittsburgh after a fun 24hour girls adventure, but so excited to come back home to Logan and Shane. Then it hit me "Logan and Shane" and not "Sydney". I've been doing well lately talking about Sydney and spreading the sparkle; however, as I sat at the airport I couldn't help myself, but get the pit in my stomach- the reality that Sydney is not there when I get home. The sparkle was there in Pittsburgh, and actually shined pretty well yesterday as we went into different stores shopping. 
Like any day with mixed emotions I'll be ok and take a deep breath. I've made new memories, remembered the old, and had a great few days. When I walked into the house last night and Logan woke up with a smile from ear to ear and said "mommas home" I couldn't help but feel the pain subside. There's my little boy who loves me so much, and makes me so happy. 
Another adventure done and a new adventure this weekend. We're doing the best that we can and taking one day at a time. Next stop the beach this weekend with friends that are family. It's going to be a great weekend as we laugh, have fun, spread the sparkle, and make new memories. Bring on the sun, the sand, and the spakle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment