Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Fairy Godmother


For those of you that don't already know I come from a small family, and I am the only child. Growing up I had many friends, and cherished the friendships that I had which then turned into family. I often use the words "friends that are family" a lot lately, because I have those special people in my life that are more than friends; they are family. These people have come into my life some from the beginning, others more recent, and have held such an important role in this difficult time that I have gone through. 
Since I've never had a sister I cherish all the "girl friendships" that I have. Sydney and Logan had lots of "aunties" and I often I am called "auntie" as well to most of my best friends and family members kids. There's something about being an "aunty" that holds a special place in your heart. 
Since Sydney has passed away I've done all I could to be the best "auntie" and "friend" to others. At times its been hard, and at times I've broke down and cried. These tears are filled with such mixed emotions, as "friends that are family" welcome new babies into their lives. 
Today is the day that one of my "sister twins" my "grown-up bestie" has her baby girl. Now id be lying if I haven't thought about this day for a long time, but I've prepared myself for all the joy, sparkle, and love I have to give to this little baby girl. 
This would have been Sydneys little BFF. and Leanne and I had such plans ahead for these two little girls and boys, but unfortunately the path was tragically changed. I know that Sydney will be there with Baby P and would want me to spread that sparkle, bows , and tutus with her.
Last night I went over to Leanne's house to get my birthday present that she had got me. We literally live 3 minutes away from each other so off I went in my pajamas to see her before she welcomed Baby P into this world. 
Who knew that the last gift I opened would mean the world to me. I opened a box and saw an Alex and Ani bracelet. At first I thought it said "aunty" but then when I looked closer it said "godmother". The tears flowed, and I couldn't contain myself with emotions. I get to give this little girl so much love that I have inside. I know that it's going to be hard, but I will do all I can to make this little girl proud. Her mother and I will always have this special bond, and now Baby P and I do too. No one will ever know the pain that lures inside, but as I go through this journey I now know that another little girl will look up to me. Leanne today starts another chapter in our friendship. I wish you guys so much love, and can't wait to ways spread that sparkle. I know Sydney will be watching over her, as I promise to be the best "fairy godmother" ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment