Sunday, July 26, 2015

Filling the summer with new memories

It's hard to believe that July is almost over, but when I look back on everything that we've done so far to make this summer amazing- it makes me smile. 
This weekend we're making new memories and remembering the sparkle up in New Hampshire with Auntie Krissy and Uncle Stephan. 
Logan was talking about the "beach and boat" pretty much the whole ride up yesterday. As people know ready; he just loves the beach. Whenever I see him enjoy the water and beach so much I often wonder if Sydney would have such joy as Logan does. 
It's such a joy as Logans mom to watch his eyes light up with enjoyment. His vocabulary is exploding and his personality is shining more than ever. I've said it before I really really believe Sydneys traits are within Logan. Often when I look at Logan I have to double take as I see so much of Logan in him. 
New adventures and new memories were done. It wasn't pretty but I tried to waterski for the first time ( I bet Syd was laughing from above) Logan got to drive the boat, and we watched the sparkles light up the sky with some fireworks. 
All these new memories that we create often help with the pain that hits knowing that Sydney isn't here. As Krissy and I sat and talked last night we both couldn't help, but smile when we talked about how amazing Logan is, and how much we both miss Sydney. 
We will always miss her, and there will be moments that are harder than others. For now we will do our best to fill the rest of the summer with the best moments possible. Here's to another great day in New Hampshire!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment