Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sparklers at the concert


What an amazing time last night at the Darius Rucker concert!!! I was so excited to go out, enjoy time with friends, and have a good time. It's been awhile since I've been to a concert, but wanted more than anything to go see him- there's something about his music that I just love. Of course a special shout out goes to The Paces for an early birthday present and I couldn't be more happy!!!
As usual I'm always looking for signs of Sydney wherever we go. Last night was no exception. Mostly everyone was wearing cowboy boots and hats but I stuck to my usual hotpink and black combo for Syd. 
This was my night to let loose and have fun. When we got inside the concert a few girls pulled Pam aside as they knew one of her girls. All of a sudden one of the girls staired right at me as I was about to introduce myself. Before I could even say, "Hi I'm  Heather" she stopped me and said, I know who you are "Sydneys mom" you are such an inspiration and I follow your blog. I was so touched as this girl I didn't even know knew who I was and was following the sparkle. I hid back my tears and was so flattered, and excited that the sparkle was coming through. As we walked away I turned to Pam and said. " wow followers all for Syd" she turned towards me and said "sparklers". People that follow Syd and her memorial fund are "sparklers".
How exciting was this. The night continued to get better as when Daris got on his guitarist was playing on a sparkley guitar. Pam and I bother turned to each other and said, "sparkles she's here".
Between all the laughs there were a few tears and I had to let it out. Once he played "it won't be like this for long" I absolutely lost it. There's something about the song that reminds me of Syd and Shane and how they won't be able to have that moment. 
I believe that was the most crushing moment I felt, and to be honest I knew the tears were going to come.
What an amazing night despite the tears that happened. As we sat in traffic in the parking lot I did what any dedicated mom would do, and advocated for my daughter. I ended up getting a few likes as I screamed out the window to like "Sydney Craven Memorial Fund". 
This put a smile on my face and was sure a highlight of the evening.
Words can't express how much fun and new memories were made. With every picture that was taken and song that was heard I knew Sydney was there. Thanks again to the Paces last night who made sure my night was memorable, while I remembered the sparkle, and met new sparklers on the way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment