Friday, July 17, 2015

Sydneys #1 Sparkler


The twinbond that Sydney and Logan had was unimaginable. It was the most beautiful thing to watch them bond, and create that friendship that would last forever. 
I've said from the beginning that I would do all I could to have Logan remember his sister, and to be honest I think I've done a good job. Logan knows so much about Sydney already, but will continue to  build on those memories overtime. Logan  can recognize so many of Sydneys signs: Everytime he sees a ladybug he says, "mama...a ne-ne bug", or if he sees a watering can or plant he says,"mama for Ne-Ne garden". 
At times I have to hold back my tears, but know this is my job to help him remember. Yesterday Logan and I spent some alone time at Sydneys area. He tends to not want to get out of the car at times, but yesterday I asked and he said, "I water Ne-Ne plant" I took him out of the car and held his little hand as we walked to her area. If you've never seen her area it's everything that reminds us of Syd. Pink, butterflies, Minnie-Mickey, bubbles and cars (from Logan) and a few bows. 
Yesterday I stepped back and watched Logan do his thing. He watered the plants and looked at the Minnie and Mickey as well as spinning the pinwheel that is there. This was a moment that I had to capture and I'm so glad I did. I want Logan to remember and want him to have these new memories of his twin. Yes she is not physically here, but I know she comes and visits. I just can't wait for Logan to get a little older and help spread that sparkle. He will always have that twin bond, will carry on her legacy many years to come, and will be Sydneys #1 sparkler.


No comments:

Post a Comment