Saturday, July 4, 2015

Live Life and Be Happy

Since Sydney has passed away I often have expressed how difficult it is to do things at times. Not because I don't want to do them, but because I'm thinking of Sydney and wished she was here with us.
Like most days I try to do my best for Logan. I know that Sydney would want me to enjoy life, live in the moment, and smile as often as I could. Ever since Sydney has passed away I've learned how precious time is, and how in any second your life can change.
I knew going into this weekend it was going to be difficult, but I would do all I could to try my hardest, and make the best of it. 
I'd have to admit that yesterday couldn't have been more perfect for Logan, myself, and Shane. We started our day with family time at the zoo; made some new memories, and remembered last year when we took both Sydney and Logan there. I know that twins are often popular, but yesterday there were 4 sets of twins that we had seen- that often makes me think of Syd and knows she's with us.
After the zoo we found ourselves at the Paces BBQ-these are close friends who are like family. If anyone was going to make us finish out a good day it was going to be them.
Logan was a little fish in the water, Shane practiced his lovely diving skills, and I let loose on the trampoline. It was great just to let go for a few, and enjoy life.
Later in the evening Shane and I got to kick back and relax with friends that are family while Logan was put to bed- he was exhausted from such a fun day. 
Let's just say this is when the fun really began. 
I believe laughter is the best medicine. It helps heal the heart. I believe taking chances, and doing things that you've never done before helps. Last night we enjoyed ourselves. We never looked back and had such a fun time. I know Sydney was smiling and probably laughing at her mother- but I was laughing too. 
Yesterday was a good example of creating memories that will last forever. We will always remember the sparkle while we create new laughs, and live life with no regrets with the ones who mean the most to us- life is to short not too. 
With every firework that goes off over the weekend I will think of the sparkle in the sky. I know it's going to be hard but we will make new memories this weekend. Happy 4th of July everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment