Sunday, July 5, 2015

Red, White, Blue, and Sparkles

Its often hard to predict how I am going to feel each day! July 3rd was a great day from start to finish, and as we entered July 4th I knew it was going to be a good day, but hard, because it was a "holiday" that had lots of memories in the past with Sydney. 
Yesterday morning we started our day with the parade. This was definitely hard, because last year we took both Sydney and Logan to there first parade and they loved it. I started to get a pit in my stomach when we put Logan in his wagon, and realized there was an empty spot on the other side. As we walked with others who had more than one kid my heart started to sink, but I kept on going, took a deep breath, and then went on. My heart started to feel better as Logans eyes lit up throughout the parade. It always makes me feel better when he's smiling from ear to ear.
After the parade we went to a 4th of July party. This again was a little difficult as it was a party with multiples. What kept me going was the love and support we had from others, and the fact that Logan is a "fish" and LOVES to swim.
We left the party to come home and rest before the fireworks. I was kind of hesitant to go to the fireworks as I didn't know how I would feel, and if Logan would be awake. While Logan rested i started to think of Syd, and how much I missed her. I mean I think of her all the time, but sometimes more than others. 
We decided to go to the fireworks with another friend and enjoy the sparkle in the sky.
As we sat down on our blanket I couldn't  help but feel happy. I wore my "sparkle" shirt, and represented our baby girl. Fireworks were going to mean something more to us this year. Logan loved them, as he cuddled with his daddy and watched them shoot in the air. I stood back for a second, smiled, and realized that this moment was a perfect ending to a great day! The sparkles in the sky were just the added piece to make us remember, and not forget. 
We survived another holiday, which wasn't easy; however, we made the best of it. We created new memories, laughed, smiled, and enjoyed time with friends and family. With every moment that was created yesterday I know that the Sparkle was there...she is always there, and we will do our best to remember one day at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment