Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Necklace that Sparkles

Since Sydney has passed away I have been given many pieces of jewelry that symbolize her. Each piece that i have holds a special place in my heart. I've actually tried to wear all the charms I've received on one necklace; however, that didn't work, because it was too heavy. 
There's one necklace that I do wear everyday, and I'm talking about it today, because lately Logan has been very intrigued by it. On the necklace there are two plates with their names on it and another locket with Sydneys picture on it ( thanks Jill). Each day since I have neceived the necklace Logan will point to it and say "Ne-Ne Mama" and grab the picture. Yesterday Logan did the same thing that he always does; grabs the necklace, and looks at her; however, what he said yesterday really broke my heart. Logan grabbed my necklace and said, "When Ne-Ne come back" "Miss Ne-Ne". Logans words have been explosive lately, so I knew exactly what he was saying. I took a deep breath and said, "Logan you know where Ne-Ne is..." He pointed up to the sky, and said "up there" and blew a kiss. It's very hard at times, and people often say that he won't remember her. That's one of the biggest things I'm adiment about- yes he will! I have and will do everything I can to make Logan remember his twin. If he chooses to look at my necklace everyday, and ask questions then that's something that needs to be done. It's hard...very hard at times. 
We are so lucky that the twin bond was strong enough for Logan to remember. I get so sad at times knowing she isn't here with him, and often envious of others whose twins share that relationship. One thing is for sure is that Logan is such a happy boy who brings such joy and light to everyone he meets. Although Sydney is not physically here with him I know she is with him in other ways. Logan is one lucky kid to have that sparkle always around him, and watch him everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment