Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sparkling through a tough week

Many people have asked me if I'm going to take any days off from work this week. To be honest, work is the only thing that is keeping me busy this week. It's always been hard to go back to work since Sydney passed away, but I've had amazing support from my friends and colleagues. When I came into school yesterday I noticed that everyone had on bright pink bows in honor of Sydney that they will be wearing all week. It's not easy thinking about her every hour of the day, but I try. It was a little hard yesterday when some of the students found out what the bows meant and were coming up to me saying, "Mrs. Craven I heard your daughter died". Pretty blunt, but I need to remember they're only in elementary school. My response, "yes" as we moved on to another activity. As the week goes on I am sure it will get harder. I'll be wearing a little bit of pink each day this week and trying to sparkle. I know that Sydney would approve as I sparkle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment