Thursday, March 24, 2016

Nana and Papa come to visit


Yesterday my parents came in from Florida( West Boca to be exact for all my family friends). It's been a year since I have seen my dad and 18 months since I saw my mom. The last time my mom saw me, Sydney and Logan were 18 months old and we had visited everyone in Florida. Unfortunately, my mom wasn't able to make it up for Sydney's funeral because she was recovering from knee surgery. It was very hard to not have my mom here with me, but ultimately I had to grieve on my own. I asked my parents to go to see Sydney's area and bench prior to seeing me yesterday. I wanted my parents to have their alone time with Sydney without me, because it's just too hard to watch my mom grieve. It makes me feel like I'm regrieving all over again. At dinner last night my mom would talk about Sydney and say, " why did this happen?" It's very painful to deal with this. My parents will be here through the weekend, and will be able to celebrate Logan's birthday. They are very excited to spend time with Logan and see us. It wasn't easy yesterday, but we got through it. Here's to a weekend with my parents, friends, and family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment