Friday, March 18, 2016

365 days without the sparkle

8:45pm, the time that our lives changed forever 365 days ago. I've been strong, weak, courageous, ashamed, positive, and have felt the deepest pain that anyone could ever endure since that time my little girl was taken away from us. I can't believe we've come to the 1 year mark of her passing. It still seems unreal and that I'm living in a nightmare that I will just wake up from. 
Reality is that we are not in a bad dream, and this is real life. This is our new life, moving forward as a family of three, and of course soon to be four. Grieving never goes away, nor will all the memories. There are days when I want to pretend that this never happened, and days that I can't even look at another sparkly or girly thing, because my heart breaks that mine was taken away from me.
The years will go by and new memories will come forward. We are sparkling forward, but never ever will forget. Sydney will ALWAYS be part of our life until we meet again. Today is a day that I stand tall, and wear my pink and sparkles proudly. I will lean on others for support, and make the best of a difficult day. We will always remember our baby girl who was taken to soon, and keep her sparkle alive. 365 days later the sparkle is stronger then ever. 
It was my goal and my mission to keep her sparkle going; Sydney I hope I am making you proud. We miss you so much. I will do all I can to keep your memories alive and keep that twin bond strong. Thanks for looking out for your "brotha" too, it means the world to me that I can see your personality living on in him. Keeping sparkling baby girl, keep twirling in that tutu, and always shine on!!! 
                  3/28/13-3/19/15



1 comment:

  1. To the Craven family - I do not know you personally but I was too in the ER the night little Sydney was brought in. I prayed as hard as I could that night and continue to pray every night for you all. I came across your blog by total accident today and thought it was kismet that I found it. As a Mom my heart breaks knowing that a beautiful, vibrant and sparkly girl was taken away. I will not pretend to know the heartache you feel every day but I pray you and your family will find peace and comfort knowing you have your own personal angel watching over you. May God bless you all and keep you in the palm of his hand.

    ReplyDelete