Saturday, March 19, 2016

It was a "Special Day" for Sydney

365 days later and we sparkled more then I could have imagined. Today was spent with lots of friends that are family, and was followed by many "sparklers" and friends near and far. I don't know if I was so emotionally drained from a rollercoaster of grieving this week that I actually didn't cry today. I'm actually numb to the emotions that some days I'm able to hold it together. Kind of ironic that it was on her one year anniversary, but Sydney wouldn't want it any other way. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It seems weird to say, but a very sad day actually brought a little sparkle and a smile to my face. Logan was such a good boy and kept on repeating that it was a "special day". I told him we were celebrating "Ne-Ne" all day, and that there would be lots of sparkles and pink for him to see. 
I smiled a lot today, because I was with loved ones that cared. I know Sydney was with us, and would have been so proud. She left her mark pretty much everywhere I went yesterday, and even threw in a few jokes( nothing like an ice-cold shower, because the water-heater went out in the morning.)
I often feel bad that I don't get so upset on difficult days like this, but need to realize that the grieving process takes it turns, and goes from a high to a low often. One year later we all came together. I wish Sydney was here with us; however, since she's not, honoring her sparkle and celebrating her personality is second best. We will never forget you Sydney, and will always remember you each and every day. Sparkle On baby girl Sparkle On!!!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone grieves differently, Heather. im glad this event hasn't changed you or your love for life, Syd wouldn't have wanted that. And when you have bad days and "lose it" we will be here to pick you up. Stay strong and sparkle on!!

    ReplyDelete