Monday, February 1, 2016

My hidden shadow


Was it spring yesterday, or was it still winter? The weather for the next few days will make it feel like spring is around the corner. The sun was shining as Logan and I played hockey outside, and worked on learning to pedal his tricycle. Logan was all about his "mama" yesterday, but that's no different than any other day. We laughed, and had so much fun enjoying the nice weather. He's getting so big, and can't believe he will be 3 in a little over a month. 
Something caught my eye yesterday that I couldn't help myself to capture, and take a picture. Logan's and my shadow. We stood for a minute with our hockey sticks in our hands, while I reflected. 
Sometimes a shadow often hides the person that you really are. My shadow especially shows so many things that can't be seen. My heart is full of love from a little boy who loves me, but also is in so much pain from missing my baby girl. 
I'm so thankful I have my little family, but often find it so hard to move on without our little girl. One day I hope when I see my shadow again I will see a sparkle behind it, but until then we keep on going  and as always sparkle on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment