Thursday, February 25, 2016

Watching mama do her makeup

I remember how excited I was to have a little girl who one day would love to play dress up with her mama, or watch me do my makeup. As Sydney got close to her second birthday she loved to watch me get ready in the morning. She would sit on my bed with all my makeup brushes and hand them to me as I put my makeup on. I always used to pretend to put makeup on her with my brushes, and even would play pretend with her own lipstick and makeup kit. 
Since Sydney passed away Logan now sits on the bed and watches me do my makeup. He says, "mama I don't wear makeup", but still enjoys watching me. It is so different to not have Sydney here watching me do my makeup . It's the little things that I remember that make my heart so sad. No more makeup sessions, and no more girly things. It's just an awful feeling to have. Every morning when I get ready I think of Sydney, and I always will. She might not physically be here, but I know she's looking down on me when she can.



No comments:

Post a Comment