Saturday, November 28, 2015

Signs of sparkle everywhere

Yesterday the rain put a damper on our new tree tradition, but didn't stop us from getting in the season with decorating and music. 
The day started out with a little Pandora Christmas on the phone; where Logan and I danced around the kitchen acting silly, and enjoying every song that came on. 
Decorating for the holidays has always been something I love to do. Growing up I didn't celebrate Christmas, and we kept it simple with the Hannukah decorations. I knew it was going to be difficult to pull down last years decorations, so figured I'd grab a few new ones. Since I'm not buying for Sydney directly this year I figured I'd buy decorations that symbol her, and will keep the spirit going.
Every store that I walked into there were signs everywhere of Sydney. I started out with the "may your holidays sparkle" sign. This was a must and lit up. I ran into Michales and there was a whole stand of shine and sparkle things. I tired to prioritize as I knew I had other stuff I needed. When we went to the last store I couldn't believe my eyes when I got in. A pink pig with a tutu and a bow that lights up. Sometimes I have to pick and chose the things I buy, but this was a no 
brainer. It was going to look perfect in her area.
When we got home our outside started to come together: Mickey, Minnie, Santa and, a Snowman completed my front lawn, and of course the pink pig for her area. 
Whatever it was today there was so much sparkle! I knew she was with us in these hard times, and will continue to shine as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment