Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Christmas Tree that Sparkles

Timehop reminded me yesterday that a 
year ago we got our Christmas Tree. Maybe there was a reason we didn't get our tree on Saturday, and it was raining. Over the past 3 years we always got our tree at Home Depot, it was our tradition. As you probably already figured out we didn't go back to Home Depot, at least not this year. New tradition and new memories, while we remembered the old.   We got to the tree farm very early and Logan marched all over the farm to find the perfect tree. I want this one...a 6ft wide tree that was perfectly centered in the middle. As the sun shined down LoLo and I watched daddy cut down the tree. Logan smiled as his daddy did his best, and we carried the tree to the car.
To be honest I felt alright. I wasn't too sad, but missed Sydney as usual. What gets me sad at times is seeing others with their holiday experiences. Don't get me wrong I am so so happy for everyone during this holiday season, but at times it stings that our holidays will always be difficult. 
In the evening we strung the lights, and decorated the tree. I thought I was going to "vomit" a few times as my heart was in my throat. All of Sydneys ornaments had to be moved to her tree, and some were put on her area. That was so painful; especially the handprints, footprints, pictures, and the mommy and daughter ornament...ugh is the feeling I had, and still do. 
I just power through the pain, and do what I have to do. As Logan hung up the star i had a glimpse last year as to when Syd did it with her daddy. New traditions have been started as we remember the old. She was there I know she was there. I hope she knows how much we miss her this holiday season. Christmas Tree...check...on to more holiday festivities as we remember the sparkle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment