Thursday, November 26, 2015

Being thankful with new traditions

Thanksgiving 2015 is now in the books! It wasn't easy by any means, but we survived. There was a moment yesterday that I got a flashback to the night she passed away; instead of getting myself upset, and going downhill, I took a deep breath and went on. 
Yesterday was about making new traditions, remembering the old memories, and spending time with the ones we love. 
Our day started out by visiting Sydney's area. Logan wanted to get out and see her area. Some days he wants to get out of the car, and others he doesn't. This is a new tradition that shouldn't be here , but it's part of our life, part of our journey, and we are learning to adapt. 
Following this we started a new family outing to the EB football game. New tradition and new memory made. After this we were invited to one of my bestie Stephanie's house (aka Auntie Jew Jew ). The memories were made, and the whip cream that was spread all over Logan's face was priceless. There's nothing like a belly laugh to make your day. 
As the day came to a close I took some time to reflect. Boy did I miss her today, and how I wish she was in her tutu prancing around. Fair is a word that isn't taken lightly with me...unfair is exactly appropriate. As thanksgiving 2015 came to a close I found myself being thankful for the ones who love us the most, my ability to breathe and sparkle each day, and the life that I have ahead of me. It's not easy at all, but the broken heart takes a long time to mend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment