Friday, April 24, 2015

Papas here


Today is my dad(Michael from West Boca   As many people know him) and Sydney and Logans Papas Birthday.
As many of you know my parents had moved to Florida when the babies were around 5months. Most people would not understand but I found myself to accept that they had moved and I was going to visit and they were going to visit us. I was going to be ok.
Sydney and Logan were my fathers world. He would try every day to FaceTime them to say Hi! Logan would always wave and say Papa and make him smile, but then there was Sydney. She would alway want to see the IPAD first but then when my dad would say Sydney say hi to Papa she would say, "NaNa". No my father would say...say Papa Nana is not here. She would smile and laugh, because I secretly knew that she thought it was funny!
Back in October we had the chance to take the twins to see my nana, papa, and great nana Bella. That was the best thing we did. 
It makes me sad that my dad doesn't get to see Syd anymore and that he has lost his granddaughter. I'm lucky that he still has Logan but it hurts like everything else at times. 
At times my dad can be a little quirky but I believe it's the comical relief that is needed. I'm glad my dad got to spend time with us during the most hardest time of my life; however, It breaks my heart that he had to say goodbye so soon.
Today we will FaceTime my dad together as a family of 3, and I will know that Sydney will be there in spirit...smiling, and asking where is NaNa to make my dad smile.
Happy Birthday Dad! We Love You 

No comments:

Post a Comment