Thursday, April 23, 2015

Ne-Ne the Penguin



Last time we went to the Aquerium was a year ago on Sydney and Logans 1st birthday. They loved it there. A year later we were back now as a family of 3 with Logan. As we looked at all the fishies and  walked through the aquarium my heart felt ok. Logan was happy so I was happy. 
When we got to the gift shop my smile got bigger: Logan met Ne-Ne the penguin.
I handed Logan many stuffed animals that I thought he would want: a turtle, a shark, a big fish, or a lobster. Logan would shake his head "No". Well maybe he doesn't want anything I said to Shane.  Just as we were about to leave I saw her: a penguin sitting on a shelf with a pink bow in its hair and a pink sparkly tutu on. Logan do you want this one. His response: Ne Ne!!! 
His face lit up as he held this penguin. We took Ne-Ne the penguin home and she hasn't left Logans side. He ate dinner with her and took her to bed. There's something about this penguin that makes me smile. It's the little things that put a smile on my face. I hope the penguin stays with us forever, but if not I know Ne-Ne is still here everyday looking down on us and smiling. Here's to a great day yesterday, as the sun was shining and Ne-Ne was with us.


1 comment: